Freitag, 18. September 2009

turkish water

Sometimes you don't meet strangers or new people while travelling. Sometimes you meet friends. Straight away. You haven't met them before, but you know that there's a connection.

As I had the pleasure to experience this on my travels, I got to know a tradition, which is of a certain beauty to me that I wanted to tell it to you, although I don't know anything more about its origin or if it has a special name.

In Turkey (and as someone reported to me in Tunesia aswell) there exists the tradition that if a loved person leaves you, you pour some water on the ground. It means that you wish that this person might return until the water will have dried.

Two friends did this for me when I left Istanbul, just because I came back to the flat and one told me about it, I learned about this tradition. As I went the second time, they threw jokingly a bucket full of water after me. Maybe they knew that it would take me a bit longer to return, so they used more water... ;-)

Keine Kommentare: