
I always searched for a landscape that would appeal to my emotions and feelings, that would alter and never be static, that would invite me to dream, to discover, to fantasize....

I found it.

The beauty that has struck so many more tourists in Turkey, the ice-cream like mountais that inhabit churches and villages, that changes every year through wind and weather for 5 centimeters, has also caught me.
Kappadokia.

A fairy tail in real.

I had the pleasure to avoid most of the tourist crowds in Göreme or Kaysere. I stayed in a small village called Ortahisar. The 3000 inhabitant town grows in summer up to double the size (6000 people), because of working migration. Most of the people come from Mersin to work here in summer time.

I stayed with a local stone and wood carver who can form the most beautiful things out of a mere rock or a branch of a tree. The house he lives in and that he hosted me in, was carved in stone itself.
In Kappadokia you can find whole houses and magnificent churches carved into the stone. People have been living in these up to a hundred years ago. If you know the tracks (or your tourist guide or a friend of yours knows them), it can lead you from valley to mountain, from breathing in beauty to some inner freedom just by looking.
1 Kommentar:
This place looks amazing! Really a dream made real. Looking forward to reading more, peace and blessings.
Pete
Kommentar veröffentlichen