Freitag, 25. September 2009

The streets we used to dance in (if I could make a mixtape of my conversations about dancing in Iran, it would sound like this:)


Before the revolution these were the streets with the nightclubs, the places we went out dancing.“

And now?“


With the revoltion they destroyed all the discos and places to go out.Now we have to make parties at home and you can wish to have nice neighbours so that they hopefully won't call the police.“


I look at her and if she could open my head to look inside she would see memories of sleepless Berlin-nights, danced through with friends until the morning.


Two weeks ago my friend was on a party and got arrested. She had to stay for two days at the police station. She's accused of dancing and drinking. Despite the prohibition of alcohol, people can order it secretly or make it themselves.“

And now?“


They are out of prison but waiting for the process. They'll have to pay some money for it.“


How can you live without dancing?“


I can't. I love music. I dance at home. Or on the parties. I will even dance in prison.“



Keine Kommentare: