Dienstag, 1. September 2009

the chai\tea-experience

"chai?"

If you answer this question it can lead you to everything. To a nice ten minutes talk, buying a carpet up to an invitation home or a secret place from where you can climb up onto a mosque. All you have to do is say: ja, yes, evet...or whichever word approves that you are willing to take the offer!

I was surprised in how interested people in Turkey or Syria were, just to take a tea with you and chat away for a while, without the expectation of you to pay or buy anything. Just because you might be an interesting person that would be nice to talk to.

I hope as soon as I stop travelling, wherever that might be, that my heart will remember the openness and all the friendly invitations I got, to do the same to people I meet in Europe. Just because the person you meet might turn out to become a friend over a chat with a chai.

Keine Kommentare: