Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2009

Who is Dave?

You think I am a weirdo, travelling over land to study in Pakistan? While travelling I came to know that the way I am taking is actually quite fast and that there's a climax to my crazyness: Dave.

Dave is a wonderful person I got to know because I bumped into him in Esfahan (Iran) on the street. As you can count the tourists you're meeting at the moment in Iran on two hands, you can count the likeminded ones with an understanding for culture and people on one hand.

Dave took all the way from Switzerland to Iran (and now even to Pakistan) by bike. Bike? Yes! Not a motor bike, but a single plain bicycle with his luggage and himself through bumpy streets, small villages and the desire to learn something new all the time.

As he has spend far more time in Iran than I have, he agreed on giving me his writings about relationships in Iran as a guest author on my blog. The following two pieces are not by me, but depict the situation far better than I had even known it. For more crazy, beautiful biking and culture stories, visit his blog: www.velotrip.ch

Keine Kommentare: