Freitag, 6. November 2009

have to come back (to Lahore)


A lasting impression of Lahore, an eastern city of Pakistan, close to the Indian border, where I spend about a week before I went on, is:


I need more time to go back, understand, float through the city, taste the local cuisine and enjoy it.


Although this is mainly what I did, as these were the first days for me being alone in pakistani streets and orientating myself, I was overwhelmed and too buisy coping with my impressions as to extract the very important single features of the city.

Of course, the common knowledge about Lahore: it's the „cultural capital“ of Pakistan with art and the -so the locals said- most yummy and delicious cuisine. The influence from India seems to manifest itself at least in the shared history and in an incredible buisy buzzing traffic with uncountable motor-rikshas.

As words can sometimes even harm the impression one can give about a place, I will just shut up and let you look unto the photos until I will gather more knowledge about the place myself and until I will return to enjoy it and to give you more insights about...

Keine Kommentare: